Friday, July 21, 2006

Well I'll be damned

Gotta love Mercury retrogrades.

For no discernable reason, I can now see my blog in all browsers again.

I see that there have been comments made during the week which I received no email notification of.

Who knows why.

Certainly not the Blogger Support Staff.

I called the Manhattan DA's office and NYS Attorney General Spitzer's office yesterday and complained about Coulter and asked if there was an impending investigation. "We do not generally discuss any investigations" was the (and I'm paraphrasing) answer both offices gave me.

Harry Reid is finally stating Iraq is in a civil war. Surprise!

I'm taking a vacation from all war and stupid politicians today. It's Friday and I'm tired. I just want to kick back with some cold drinks, good friends and laughter today. I will have to wait until this evening for the drinks and friends though. It's poker night at my sister's and I can't wait. I might even beg for a designated driver and just get wasted. Carpe diem!

5 comments:

TrappedInColorado said...

I wou't be your designated drive but I will give you cab money! Invite me!!!! What airport do I fly into! :)

Peace

Laura Elizabeth said...

Trapped, you will have to fly into either JFK or LAG. Or worse - Bradley! From either airport it's at least two hours to where I am in Connecticut, or my sister's back porch. Where margarita's and apple martini's will be liberally dished out with poker chips and ... some kinda food has been promised. I really don't care about the food today. The party begins at 7pm Eastern time.

And, I'm now crashing on my sister's couch. I no longer need a driver, but it's a big, comfy couch with room for two :)

~ ~ ~

Dad (not that you are my Dad... you're much nicer and younger... it's just easier to call you Dad)

You're just as welcome to hop the pond and join us! I hope you have a good weekend too.

TrappedInColorado said...

Damn! Just looked online for flights... oh well... I mix the best martinis on the planet...and I have several awards for best couch snuggler .. both national and global... some other time, perhaps :)

Laura Elizabeth said...

UNO!

Love Uno! And yes, by all means, bring some records!

~ ~ ~

Trapped, well, darn! A house full of (mostly) single ladies and an award winning couch snuggler is 2,000 miles away. Just our luck. I'll have an extra martini or four just for you.

TrappedInColorado said...

The story of my freakin' life.