Friday, November 03, 2006

Belles-lettres

Judith at Starlight News posted a copy of a letter and a link to the story on Wonkette about Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff receiving the Henry Petersen award. The letter to Chertoff is from Mr. Petersen's grandson, Mr. Miles W. Swanson.

I want to have Mr. Swanson's babies.

Yeah, it's that good.

Go read and tell me you want to have his babies too.

'Cuz you will.

~ ~ ~


This weekend will be nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake. It is the last weekend before Tuesday's election.

You know what to do, right?

Read another letter.

Tell me why you're crying, my son
I know you're frightened, like everyone
Is it the thunder in the distance you fear?
Will it help if I stay very near?
I am here.

Refrain:
And if you take my hand my son
All will be well when the day is done.
And if you take my hand my son
All will be well when the day is done.
Day is done, day is done
Day is done, day is done

Do you ask why I'm sighing, my son?
You shall inherit what mankind has done.
In a world filled with sorrow and woe
If you ask me why this is so, I really don't know.

(refrain)

Tell me why you're smiling my son
Is there a secret you can tell everyone?
Do you know more than men that are wise?
Can you see what we all must disguise
Through your loving eyes?


~ ~ ~


From now until Wednesday, November 8, we get to watch the United States equivalent of the Roman orgy on television. From the comfort of our own e-z chairs! Who's bringing the spinach dip?

The Media will have an orgasm approximately every hour for the next five days. The orgiastic frenzy will reach it's maximum pitch around 8pm Eastern time when orgasms will occur, roughly, every five minutes. They will taper off around midnight, Eastern time, out of shear exhaustion. By noon, Eastern time, on Wednesday, November 8, it will be all over. Forgotten.

A long, lost, weekend.

But will be happy?

Ignore the Mainstream pimping machine and their last minute exit poll data. Ignore the increasing shrill hysteria of people who want your vote and the Media who pimp them out to you.

Shut it all out.

Turn off the television, the radio - don't read the newspapers or the internet.

You already know who you'll vote for and why.

Stop paying the pimps.

Stop listening to the whores.

Just go vote. Tuesday, November 8, 2006.




I know these letters do not fit the definition of belles-lettres except that they are critisim. You try coming up with titles for the stuff I post! :)

7 comments:

Frontier Editor said...

A) I'm registering for a uterus transplant right now.

B) If anyone attempts to do an exit poll on me, I'll kill them.

Laura Elizabeth said...

I knew I could count on you FE :)

Romeo Morningwood said...

Heavy post laura.
I am always so amazed at how frenzied your country gets during elections...those ridiculous attack ads..do people actually believe those awful character assassinations?
We Canukistanis always feel such guilty pleasure watching your media circus..it makes us feel good about ourselves for not going CRAZY during political events.
The outrageous vitriolic hissy fits from the talking heads who will be gouging each other's eyes out for the next few days on the telly is a sad spectacle. Deplorable really.
Americans can marvel at how unpatriotic we seem up here but have a look in the mirror.

I just hope that something positive actually occurs and a new era of repairing the American connection to the rest of the world can begin.

Laura Elizabeth said...

Amazingly, HE, they do. The pollers indicate that when the attack ads start airing in ernest peoples responses become more negative and the undecided numbers start going up.

The political circus every two years is not one of our finest hours. I think we've infected Europe with this insanity. Maybe it's just having better news coverage of Europe via the internet, but I swear they're getting just as nuts as we are.

Frontier Editor said...

If patriotism is waving red-white-and-blue campaign posters, yelling "I support family values," and accusing anyone with a different opinion of being un-Christian and un-American . . . guess I'm as unpatriotic as Thomas Paine, Alexander Haamilton, aaron Burr, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Dwight Eisenhower, Jimmy Carter, Theodore Roosevelt, Upton Sinclair, John J. Lewis, charles Drew . . . . . .

Laura Elizabeth said...

We're both in good company FE.

Frontier Editor said...

Hey, I got to meet Bob Kerrey Sunday. Talk about what might have been . . ..