Friday, November 10, 2006

It's Friday. Do the Happy Dance!

I'm not happy that Howard Dean is saying "we" won't be impeaching Bush.

"I know half the audience wants us to impeach the president, and all that kind of stuff," Dean said, "but we're not going to do that."


We'll see.

Send letters and emails to Congress people. Bush and Cheney need to go to jail for what they've done.

~ ~ ~


As usual, a day late and dollar short: Britannia Blog: Where Ideas Matter.

Wo0T!

~ ~ ~


I was watching CSI last night and noticed that Christmas is already being hyped. Argh! We haven't even hit Thanksgiving in the US yet! grumble, grrr.

Watching the show I realized, yet again, I have the most eclectic taste in men: I mean how hot is William Petersen? 8.5 out of 10. Well, for me anyway.

But then there is Jesse L. Martin of Law & Order... pauses to drool Oy! 9.9. In my Universe no one is a 10 but Jesse is so damn close.

Remember the Joe Boxer guy? Jumping up and down with that fantastic smile on his face? 9.9. I must have watched that commercial a dozen times before I realized he was just wearing (and advertising) boxer shorts - that happy and adorable face just blew me away.

Others? In no particular order:

Senator Robert Byrd. Don't ask. 8

Same for Harry S Truman. 8.5

Jon Stewart. Oh man... Love!Him! Smart and sarcastic and funny - hatrick! Sexy as all get out. He gets an 9.

Tim Gunn. 9.9

drooling... daydreaming...

Um, what was I on about? Oh, right, sexy men.

Let's see... Patrick Stewart, LeVar Burton, Wil Wheaton (yeah, I'm a TNG geek) - all 8's

Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, Jack Lemmon: 8's

Aasif Mandvi, from The Daily Show. 7. He's growing on me. He's a future 9, I think.

There are others but 1) Can't remember who they are right now and 2) I've embarrassed myself enough for one day.

~ ~ ~


Seems it's a good day to be a kid:

Jesus Camp shuts down.

Happy Birthday Sesame Street!

~ ~ ~


Forgot to mention this morning that tomorrow is Veterans Day in the United States. I didn't think of it until I was out and about getting lunch this afternoon and saw an elderly gentleman handing out red poppies. I took several and said thank you.

It is also Armistice Day in France and Belgium and Remembrance Day in United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.

12 comments:

TrappedInColorado said...

Damn! I didn't make the list! :(

I am sooo bouyant on the election results and Rumsfield's resignation!! Woo HOOOOO!!! Yipee kyay!

Jodin said...

Sometimes reprimanding a child (President) doesn't make the family (Washington) a happy place. But you still have to do it so the child and his siblings (future presidents) learns about accountability. Holding government officials accountable for their actions strengthens our democracy. Letting lawlessness stand weakens it. Impeachment is horribly UNDERUSED. Which is part of why there's so much corruption at the top. They must learn to fear it.

Not to mention, Bush can still do a lot of damage to our troops, Iraq, Iran and our Supreme Court.
Impeach Bush Yourself...

Laura Elizabeth said...

Sorry Trapped. Maybe next time :)

Causal, thanks for the link. I've been posting links on Impeachment for months and I'm not sure I had that one. Here's another: http://www.teamliberty.net/id314.html

We have to keep hounding the Democrats - otherwise they'll just sit on their hands and do nothing.

TrappedInColorado said...

Have you seen this" Finally.. some testicles...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jslQiO8p3Sk (Part 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TgMNPXhSteE (Part 2)

Laura Elizabeth said...

I did see it. Love Olbermann, but he didn't make the list either. See, you are in good company :)

researcher said...

Even if they don't impeach at least Bush will be on a short leash. Bush says he won’t negotiate with himself (whatever that means), he’ll have to negotiate with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Romeo Morningwood said...

If you can't impeach a President for getting hummers in the White House how on earth is something like starting a war on a huge lie going to have a chance? C'mon!

Well, well. well...like your little list..How many times have you seen Peterson in
To Live and Die in LA?????
Smart, Sarcastic and Funny eh?

In honour of Rememberance Day I watched Galipoli to get my f*&%ing blood boiling!!Whenever I watch Galipoli and Breaker Morant!!! Grrrr! I just want to punch some Brit upper class twit in the kisser..

or atleast get the Queen off of our money and Government Documents Damn!!

War is tough enough without having your 'Motherland' waste thousands of colonial lives as their shock troops and sacrificial lambs....War Sucks!

Frontier Editor said...

Well, if you want to keep pressing th emessage on impeachment and lack of confidence in the current tenant, I believe burning in effigy is still legal in many cased >%^D>

breakerslion said...

While there is sufficient grounds to impeach that dangerously insane idiot and his dad's criminal cronies, there is a sad lack of outrage, or even belief in his criminal acts. The ability of the truly morally bankrupt to cover their tracks must also be considered.

Re. "A Christmas Carol". Have you ever seen the 1930's (I think) British version where Bob Cratchett was a beloved stage actor reprising his role? Tiny Tim was anything but tiny. He was either also known from the stage production, or there were some really strict child labor laws in place. He looked to be about 17 or 18. The dinner scene, where Bob carries Tim in piggy-back was both ludicrous and horrifying. Bob looked like he was in danger of a heart attack, and Tim's feet were all but dragging on the floor. I know this pre-dates the Alistair Sim version, but I don't know how much older it is.

Laura Elizabeth said...

researcher, I'm hoping Pelosi and Reid don't rollover in their desire for bipartisanship. Fingers triple-crossed on that one.

HE, I have never seen To Live and Die - I have a very low threshold for violence and horror.

Can't Canada vote to leave the Commonwealth? Didn't work in Australia (don't blame them, I like the Queen) but Canada could give it a chance.

I spent the weekend watching Food TV and going to a jewelry party. If my life gets any more exciting and hectic, I'm going to need sedatives.

FE, I'm betting buring in effigy is illegal in this country. Hell you can't even wear a tee-shirt as protest without getting arrested.

breakerslion, too true. Sadly I don't think Americans are ever going to wake up and Bush and the evil Clown College will leave office and never pay for their crimes. I will be watching the German's closely - I hope they can get Rummy tried for war crimes.

A Christmas Carol ~ I think you may mean the 1938 version with Reginald Owen and yes, it's funny. My favorite is Patrick Stewart's (Suprise!) 1999 version; before that it was Alastair Sim's 1951 version.

For everyone else... if Stewart ever does his one-man version of A Christmas Carol again, do not, DO NOT, think twice - just go. It is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura. Thanks for the link love, snarky comment and all.

Stay tuned, we've got a lot of interesting things coming down the pipe.

Laura Elizabeth said...

Will do EB Gal ~ and thanks for stopping by!