Tuesday, January 29, 2008

RIP Margaret Truman Daniel

This was surprising:

Truman's daughter dies at 83

.

Shortly before her father's death in 1972 Daniel published Harry S Truman under her maiden name. A critically acclaimed full length biography of her father, the book used extensive sources from the Truman Library.


I liked David McCullough's book better, but it was still good.

She lost her husband and one son in 2000.

3 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Holy Haberdasher Batman

Wasn't he the President with the Buck Stops Here on his desk? He made one of the biggest decisions in History..I understand the logic behind dropping the BOMB in order to prevent the massive casualties that were expected from an invasion of Japan, but I wonder if he ever 'really' slept through another night with a clear conscience.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Please come back.
I was so happy to see you and read your insightful commentary.

((sigh))

Laura Elizabeth said...

I'm here whenever I can be My Lord :)