Day Three, still can't see my own blog.
Thanks to a lead from Elsa I got to read Mecury In Retrograde at the Huffington Post. I don't read Huffington every day, so I might have missed that article. It's a brilliant essay ~ go read!
Civil war in Iraq?
I cannot believe people are still questioning whether or not Iraq is in the midst of a civil war. They are. We sparked it. Got it?
Informed Comment
Israel Drops 23 Tons of Bombs in Dawn Air Strikes
Lebanese short of food, water under Israeli bombs
Americans escape battered Beirut
One week after Israel launched its onslaught in Lebanon, the first mass evacuation of U.S. citizens finally got under way. It was later than many would have liked but in time for Alaina Hamade, 8, who finally broke into a smile after six harrowing days spent running to and from her family's basement in the mountain town of Gharifa.
I was listening to Rush while having lunch yesterday. Why, you ask? I like torturing myself I suppose. I also like hearing what the edjit has to say. Yesterday, he was bitching about the Americans not being grateful for their rescue and not expressing their thanks to the US government.
The overwhelming majority of US citizens in Lebanon work there, mainly in the oil and gas industries, and many for US companies as well as Middle Eastern and European companies. These people are not in support of terrorists - they just work and live there.
The minority of US citizens in Lebanon right now are tourists or visiting families. Tourism helped to rebuild Lebanon after its devastation by Israel during the 18 year occupation. Without tourists, Lebanon would be in an even worse debt crisis than it was in before the attack by Israel 9 days ago.
The US government left these people to fend for themselves for approximately seven days. They should be grateful someone's finally gotten their collective shit together and are rescuing them?
Gee, thanks. Better late than never, I suppose.
Israel hints at a full-scale invasion
Key facts on Somali Islamists
Tensions worsened on Thursday between newly powerful Somali Islamists and Ethiopia, which supports Somalia's interim administration.
The Islamists threatened to wage holy war on Ethiopian troops they said had crossed into the Horn of Africa country as Addis Ababa said it would crush any attack on the government.
Witnesses: Ethiopian troops in Somalia
How to meet the Somalia challenge
The first veto
Idiot.
2 comments:
Being surrounded by right winged conservative mean spirited people who are experts at denial.. I welcome your slant and outlook. Like bathing in a nice warm bath. Thank you.
Peace
Thank you for your kind words! I hope you have a wonderful, and peaceful, weekend.
Post a Comment